Engaged couples are presented with many decisions during their wedding day planning. One of those questions is to elect for cash registry or the more traditional gift registry? In recent years we have seen an increase of cash registries as some prefer gifts of money, but nothing beats the process of choosing those items that are wanted and needed and receiving them from your guests, they also hold a certain sentimental value. We are also seeing a return to silver and metal gifting as the traditional gift registry makes a comeback.
Wedgwood have a beautiful range of silver and metal gift ideas from their Vera Wang Infinity Silver range. By adopting and abstracting the infinity symbol as inspiration, Vera Wang Wedgwood has created an emotional collection of fine silver plate bridal giftware. The silver rope and infinity knot appear in raised detail throughout the Infinity Collection as reminder of love’s endurance.
Wedgwood has an amazing bridal registry offer for you. You can WIN $5000. Learn more about their bridal registry promotion here.
Benefits of a Gift Registry
1. Saves time and effort for your guest with gift options all available in the one place
2. Your guest is guaranteed to be gifting you items you want and need
3. Takes the guess work out!
4. Eliminates the possibility of multiple gifts – gone are the days of a million toasters!
5. You can pick a range of gifts in a range of prices
6. The gifts can be purchased by your guest and delivered straight to you with no fuss
7. If your guests are still not sure on what to get you, they are able to give you a gift certificate
Tips for using a Gift Registry
1. Maybe opt for two stores when creating your gift list so there’s a greater range of gifts to choose from.
2. How about an online gift registry where your guests can select and purchase your gift online and then have it sent to you?
3. Stick to the basics! Don’t go overboard registering for things you don’t really need.
4. Do not register at stores that don’t sell products that relate to the kind of occasion you are hosting!
5. Don’t forget that the registry is just a suggestion. Don’t expect all of your guests to use it.
What are you waiting for? Registering for wedding gifts should be one of the first tasks you tackle when you get engaged. Friends and relatives will be looking to buy wedding gifts as soon as he pops the question. Really! Take the guesswork out of gift buying by making sure they know what you want. You don’t need to complete your list just yet, but at least have a selection for guests to browse.
by Ben Hannan