A lot of the time it feels like people just get engaged overnight. But when you decide you want to marry your partner, it might seem like the whole getting engaged process takes forever. It’s not as simple as him catching you browsing The Knot and then getting down on one knee (now is it girls?)
Image: Milestones Photography
There is much more planning, waiting and hinting (ie. leaving ring ideas just casually lying around the house) involved. That’s why when it finally happens it feels like a crazy dream come true! And you know what? That’s only the start of the beautiful wedding planning journey.
So enjoy it while it’s happening. And if you’re keen for a giggle we’ve rounded up the 13 stages you might have gone through during your engagement.
1. You realize you’re with the perfect man
2. You start planting “hints” around the house, like magazine pages with rings you love
3. When you watch wedding shows on TV, you start saying things like, “Oh! They’ve been together as long as we have!”
4. When he asks you to go out to a nice dinner
5. You call your friends to tell them it’s happening TONIGHT!
6. You go get a manicure so you can take the perfect ring selfie
7. Spend a lot of time getting ready
8. But it doesn’t happen at dinner…
9. You daydream about just running off and marrying Ryan Gosling instead
10. But then! It happens when you least expect it
11. You’re engaged!
12. You call up all of your friends and family
13. And then realise you have a wedding to plan!
Tell us Knotties, how were you proposed to?
by Jessica Zaleski