Fash packers and brides-to-be alike, get excited, ‘coz cult online store The Outnet has recently launched its very own portal just for brides – The Wedding Boutique! Hunting for wedding gowns, bridesmaid’s dresses, lingerie, accessories and honeymoon wear? Click your way to The Wedding Boutique for wedding-worthy sartorial treats from high-end designers like Marchesa, Oscar de la Renta and La Perla. To celebrate, The Outnet’s fashion director, Eve Thomas, has shared her top tips for styling wedding looks. Check out her tips – and get a sneak peek at the boutique, below!
Wedding dress: Marchesa Notte
Wedding dress: Badgley Mischka
Wedding dress: Marchesa
Wedding dress: Oscar de la Renta
All images: theoutnet.com
7 Tips For Dressing For A Wedding
– according to The Outnet’s fashion director, Eve Thomas
1) A metallic heel works well as a neutral. It goes with everything from soft pastel shades to bold prints.
2) Avoid a heavy bag with a delicate dress. A clutch will always looks chic. A small shoulder bag also looks elegant and leaves your hands free for the all-important drinks and canapés.
3) Summer weddings often take place on a lawn. Avoid heels as these will sink into the grass – opt for an evening flat or wedge instead.
4) A bright, bold maxi dress is a good option for warm weather weddings and looks great with either a metallic or jewelled flat sandal.
5) Add an unexpected pop of colour to a neutral dress with a pair of bright shoes.
6) Avoid the ubiquitous pashmina and cover up with a smart evening jacket.”
7) Add the finishing touch to your look with a single piece of bold jewelry, be it a pair of chandelier earrings, a cocktail ring or a statement necklace.
by Rebecca Hanley