x

Will you resign for marriage?

Home Forums Bothered brides Will you resign for marriage?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bec87 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

candy dan

My fiance and my dad think my salary is low but work too hard.so they hope me to quit it and get married, but as a woman, I don’t want to be a burden in the home after getting married ,What i want is to keep the economic independence, how can I convince my father and fiance?

HappyG

If your fiancé doesn’t respect your right to work and be independent after marriage, maybe he isn’t right for you. Being married is a recognition of your love, not a choice you make to become a traditional housewife. Your fiancé needs to respect your right to work, earn an income and maintain your work relationships. Only you have a right to decide if your work environment, workload and salary are right for you and your needs. If you quit it needs to be on your terms.

Bec87

Sounds like your fiancé and dad stepped right out of the 1950’s! Haha. Talk to your fiancé about it and let him know how you feel about this. This is 2013, if you want to work you are entitled to do so. If he can’t understand that you need to find out why. Maybe he has old school values and wants to be the sole financial provider for his family. Maybe he wants to have kids as soon as your married? As far as your dad is concerned, his opinion should not play a factor in what happens in your marriage. He is entitled to an opinion, and may give you unwanted advice, but that doesn’t mean you need to take it. So long as you and your husband see eye-to-eye that’s all that matters. :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers