x

What were your surprise costs?

Home Forums Planning & etiquette What were your surprise costs?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bec2013 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kirraleej

I’m early in my wedding planning and would like to know what were the costs that have caught you off guard? Was there something missing from the budget calculators or something that caught you unawares? Thanks :-)

jsbride

Hi Kirraleej,

I found that from my original estimates, the photographer I chose cost more and I also underestimated the cost of rings by $500. The cake was less than I estimated which was nice!

The only other thing is I can see how easy it would be to spend more than budgeted on reception decor (if this is something you are arranging) e.g. flowers, linens etc but I am just trying to be tough and stick to what I estimated.

Bec2013

Hi,

I spent way more on decorations than I had planned – opps.

I also forgot to budget in alterations for my dress and a hoop for the dress (the hoop was $150 – who would have thought?). Although I went under budget on the dress and got the dress, veil and hoop for what I had budgetted for the dress.

We said we would go halves in groomsmens suits. I was thinking we could just hire them. All we wanted was a grey suit with a vest. But the only hire place here only stocks black! Roger David does suit hire by bringing them in from Melbourne, but they were those older suits with the very wide pants that sat pretty high – very ugly! Plus that was $190 each. We ended up buying. I said they didn’t need a jacket, but could pay for one themselves if they wanted. Pants and vest cost about $220, so only $30 more than hire. But still more than I thought suit hire would be.
    That’s all so far, but we have a long way to go!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers