x

Wedding Dress, which is which?

Home Forums Bothered brides Wedding Dress, which is which?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kelly lu 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Abby Lee

Hi Everyone,
    I’m from Melbourne, but were planning to have our wedding at Sydney. My wedding date is on 18th of March 2014, and I’m really confused if what’s wedding dress should I choose. I know this would be the hardest part of all, decision making. So, I’m humbly asking for your advise and opinion about wearing a Sheer Illusions with sexy back or the strapless one. Also, the color of it, I want it to be traditional yet modern one, so I’m planning to add a shade of gold. By the way,Im busty and tall bride.
    A good friend of mine have referred me to this site http://www.regalbridal.com.au for my wedding dress. I would me happy if you could suggest more sites for bridal gowns and accesories.
    Thanks!

Cheers,
    Lovely

decisions decisions !!! i’m sure March will come around in no time @ all now… i love checking out dresses on pinterest and etsy (even e-bay !!) for ideas… although i have read somewhere that you can look all you like you you gotta actually try some on for ideas on how you feel in them… i find that for me too… things look great on a hanger but on me , looks TERRIBLE ! haha
    i like your idea of a shade of gold for something different… good luck finding you one ! : )

also, if you check out the ‘dresses and fashion’ section in this forum i think there are some websites listed there too…

HappyG

As I’m sure you know, body shapes vary, and the best way to find a dress to suit you is to ‘shop your shape’. I’m also very busty with broad shoulders, but I have very wide hips so I’m really closer to a pear shape than an hourglass, whereas my FW is more of an apple.

It really dependson whether you want to minimize your bust and cover it up or if you want to show them off. Necklines such as scoop, square, sweetheart, v-necks, cowl and even off the shoulder if done right can flatter a larger bust; however halter, spaghetti straps and strapless are usually a bad idea as they do not provide support and are more flattering for a smaller bust.

Think about the features of your body that you like and dislike, look for embelishments that will accentuate (like diamonties, beading, aplliques) or hide (rouching, flowing fabric, lace). If you’re bigger in the bust (I’m currently an F, but I used to be an H so I’m quite well-versed in supporting giant boobs) understand that the support sewn into the dress won’t really hold you in place, an you’ll need a bra regardless, so you’ll want something to hide the straps. You’d b lucky if the dress would hold a C-D cup on its own, and strapless you’d want to be careful with anything more than a B-C without a strapless bra underneath and hollywood tape.

Think about how the style will suit your wedding as well, corset, A-line, sheath… If you have a strong 1920’s or 30’s theme you’d go for a sheath dress with minimal bust support and the styles suited very small, slim frames. But say you were looking at 1800’s you’d want corsets and giant hoop skirts.

Adding colour is a great way to personalize your dress and give it pizzazz (personally I’m thinking of a light blush gown, or ivory if it proves hard to find). I had a friend who wore a bright red wedding gown (she looked awful and it fit her terribly because she bought it on ebay, but the point was that it fit what she wanted).

I look to Pinterest, Etsy,  number of bridal blogs (I can’t think of the names off the top of my head) and two websites I would recommend are http://www.lightinthebox.com (I’ve bought dresses custom measured from them a number of times, as well as formal dresses to wear to a wedding recently and they have all fit fantastically and been very inexpensive) and http://www.weddingdressexpress.com.au which is in QLD and are quite inexpensive as well and local.

HappyG

Hmm the image I embedded didn’t post: http://getglamd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/body-shape-chart.jpeg

There you go. :)

Rachel S

If this isn’t too late…. one thing to consider is that no matter how well constructed a strapless dress is, evey bride I’ve ever seen in one has had to constantly adjust herself.
    If you’re planning a sedate elegant wedding without too much moving, strapless will be fine, and it’s generally a very flatering look.
    If you’re more concernd with ease of movement and being able to embrace people enthusiastically, and get out your best moves on the dance floor, consider an alternative to strapless. There are some great vintage inspired gowns with plunging backs and fronts.
    Esentially, my advice is go for a dress that will let you be how you want to be on the day.The big heavy dresses will almost force you to move with a stately grace, while slinky 30s inspired numbers will make you elegantly glide.
    Personally, I went for a knee length dress with a v-necked front, as dancing is a big part of my life and I wanted to be able to move with ease.

kelly lu

take a look here, same wedding dress but cheaper,

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:普通表格;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-qformat:yes;
    mso-style-parent:””;
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.5pt;
    mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:”Calibri”,”serif”;
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-fareast-font-family:宋体;
    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
    mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
    mso-font-kerning:1.0pt;}

http://cart100.com/category/162701/Wedding_dress/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers