x

Vow Renewal/Wedding Day

Home Forums Your relationship Vow Renewal/Wedding Day

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Belinda Broom 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ella S

Hi all,

My partner and I got married a few months ago for important reasons however nobody knows. We now want to plan a proper wedding with family and friends. They will think this is our real wedding. Does anybody know how this will work. We want to get married in an Anglican Church. Do we need to tell the celebrant we are already married?
    Any advice would be great.

Ella

Hi,

Yes you would definitely have to tell them you are already married.
    I’m not sure how it would work as you are wanting to get married in a church and need a priest and not through a celebrant.
    But if they are compassionate people I am sure if you explain the situation to them they would be happy to accommodate.

I know a friend who got married twice (once in Australia where the groom was from and once in Europe where the bride was from), obviously only one could be their actual wedding so they pretended to sign the marriage certificate in the Australian wedding so they had to tell the witnesses they were signing a pretend certificate and then just made sure that this “certificate” was taken away by a trusted friend so no one ever found out.

Good luck :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers