x

Venue in Melbourne for a Rockabilly Wedding Theme?

Home Forums Ceremony & reception details Venue in Melbourne for a Rockabilly Wedding Theme?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole Thornton 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,
    My partner & I have decided we would like to plan a rockabilly theme wedding, what are some venues in Melbourne that would be good to do the ceremony and reception at being able to decorate in this style. Possibly being able to organise our own drinks and cater would be good or is that too much hassel? Any ideas and feedback would be much appreciated.

HappyG

We live near two places that may tickle your fancy: Soda Rock and Misty’s Diner. You HAVE to try Misty’s, even if you don’t choose them for your reception food! (So delicious, but it may give you a heart attack)

If you wanted to go super casual with loads of 50’s American Diner charm and tasty burgers, rootbeer and fries, they’re the spots for you. Get a 50’s era car to drop you at the venue in a poodle-skirt and scarf and enjoy a lighthearted time!

If you want something more formal, look for a venue that is from around the correct time period and add splashes of Rockabilly culture. I know of someone in Victoria who arranged spray-on Rockabilly-style tattooos for the guests at the recption which I thought was an awesome idea.

Involve plenty of vintage clothes (get your guests to dress up and have fun), vintage cars and vintage venues. If you’re going to do a theme you may as well go all out! Have fun!

Oh wow spray on tattoos at the reception what a brilliant idea!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers