x

Transport Concerns

Home Forums The Knot Help Transport Concerns

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ky1iei1yK 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CandLe

Hi everyone,

I have no idea what to do about transport! FH and I are doing a ‘First Look’, where we have the majority of our photos done prior to the ceremony, which means that we’ll actually be on location before any of our guests. Theoretically this means that we don’t need to hire fancy cars to get to our ceremony/reception.
    My concern is that we have a large bridal party which totals 12 people – and then our parents as well, which means we need to get 16 people to the site on the day (I’m not so concerned about departure, as we can either drop their cars off the day before, or arrange taxis back to accommodation). 
    It has been suggested that we should organise for some grandparents/aunts/uncles to drive us, but my concerns with that is:
    1. I don’t really want a crowd of people watching us get our photos, or waiting around while we have them done, and
    2. I’d have to split the bridal party up, which means I’d have to choose who was coming in the car with me, and who was going in another car! I suppose it would make most sense to just have me, my mother and my MOH in my car, but I don’t want to offend my other BMs, who are all very close to me.
    Part of me thinks we should just hire a limo and arrange it to do two trips – one to pick up the boys, and one to pick up the girls, but is there any point in paying a large amount of money for a car no one will see? Even if we do get a few photos of it. Another option is we could just hire a bus, and FH and I can wear blindfolds until we do the official ‘First Look’ photos (which could be quite fun and quirky, but could also be just as expensive as hiring a limo, which would at least look nice in photos and be more comfortable!)
    Any suggestions, ladies?
    Thanks for reading my long post!

Bec2013

We decided we dont care about transport, so arent spending much money on it. Our plan was to go to a car rental place and hire a couple of nice cars. We would have gotten people who had to travel for the wedding to drive them. This also meant they would have a car. You could also get parents or members of the bridal party to drive. 
    In the end, dad has a friend with a fancy car, so he will drive me and my parents there. Bridesmaids will go with my bro in a normal car. Groom and his family will just drive themselves. 

Bec2013

And noone will care about being split up!

HappyG

Maybe look for a bus with a partition or curtain to seperate you and your FH?

Ky1iei1yK

I hear you on transport issues! I cant justify spending $200 on a limo for 15 minutes to take the bridal party from the ceremony to the reception..Ive been joking that I’ll just call a maxi taxi but at this point I might just use it lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers