x

The processional – help me!!

Home Forums Ceremony & reception details The processional – help me!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JessicaFay 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bec87

Hi knotties. I am so very confused and desperaty need your help! I was always under the impression that the bride walked down the aisle on the left side of her father, being that the brides side traditionally sits on the left. However both my parents believe the bride walks on the right so the father can hand her to the waiting groom and not be standing between them. I am so confused! Should the bride not be walking down the aisle past her side of the family, or have I had it wrong all this time?

JessicaFay

I have only attended a handful of weddings, but at each one the bride has walked down the aisle on the left side of her father (past her family, if you are not having open seating). The only wedding where this did not occur is when the bride had both her parents walk her down the aisle – she walked in the middle. There was no issue when they reached the groom – the father simply kissed his daughter on the cheek, shook the grooms hand and stepped back.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers