x

Tassie Brides!

Home Forums Your location Tassie Brides!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Miabee 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Bec2013

Anyone getting married in Tas? We are getting married in Launceston on January 4, 2014. Would love to chat to other brides in Tas.

Tasbride

Hey, that’s my date too! We are getting married in latrobe then having the reception at the Christmas hills raspberry farm. I would love to know how your going with planning

Bec2013

Oh wow, that’s exciting that there is someone from Tas here and it’s the same date! Yay! Our ceremony will be at the old Queen Vic museum on Wellington st and reception at the Tramsheds. Where in Latrobe is your ceremony? My fiances cousin had hers next to the river, it was such a beautiful location. The raspberry farm will be great! It’s such a nice location and the food is wonderful! 
    Im feeling pretty organised. We have the venues, decorations and band booked. I’ve ordered my dress and the boys suits. Picked the invitations and booked it in, will finalise wording etc later. Photographer booked. Florist booked but haven’t spoken about what we want, I’m waiting for Mother’s Day rush to pass. Cake topper ordered off etsy (will take 5 months!). So need to organise a celebrant and bridesmaid dresses. Both a little challenging! That and maybe cars are the only really big things left to sort, the rest are smaller but I’m sure will take time. Oh, and we have booked flights for honeymoon but not accommodation yet. 
    How are you going with it?

Tasbride

That will be such a nice location, I didn’t realise they did ceremonies at the arm museum. Good luck!

Really good, we have booked the ceremony and reception and starting to get quotes for decorations. Rings and dress and currently getting made, the celebrant is booked as is the photographer. We aren’t having a honeymoon straight away because of work and stuff. Cars are really hard to find in this area :( 
    the only thing I’m waiting on is fabric samples so I can order the bridesmaid dresses.
    inlatrobe we are having the ceremony at the state reserve on shale road, not at bells parade. It’s going to be really relaxed I hope! 

Bec2013

Yeah its beautiful! I didnt know they did weddings either, which is kind of its appeal! I like the idea of getting married somewhere people havent heard of before. 
    I dont know latrobe well enough to know where you are talking about, but ill keep an eye out when im next there. Are you based in devonport?
    you are good getting to rings already. Thats awhile down the list for us! No luck with cars for us either. I dont care about cars, so I asked my fiance to do that, but Im not holding my breath! 
    Where are you getting bridesmaid dresses from?
    Gabi at Event Avenue is great for decorations. I think she said she wouldnt take another on our date, but it might be worth checking. Look her up on Facebook. 

Hello ladies, I am a Tas bride too! My partner and I are from Melbourne but we are having a destination wedding, as it were. We are getting married on the 18th January 2014 at the Port Arthur Historic Site. Our reception will be at a private beachhouse in Eaglehawk Neck. We have the celebrant booked, makeup booked and are currently trying to decide between photographers! How exciting! I’m finding it challenging trying to pick suppliers from so far away so if anyone has recommendations I would love to hear them :)

Bec2013

Welcome eternalnightcap! Your wedding sounds lovely. Unfortunately we are both in the north of the state, so I don’t know many suppliers in the south. Not sure abut Tasbride. Anything in particular you want to know? I guess you know about the two Tasmanian bridal magazines? http://bridetasmania.com.au/ and http://www.pure-bride.com.au/

Miabee

I love Tas!! I hope this thread will receive responses. Best wishes to you Bec!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers