x

Stressed out bride

Home Forums Bothered brides Stressed out bride

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  EmeraldBride 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Monifah_82

Just a vent –
    I am stressing so bad, we have just recently moved towns over Christmas we are building a house which will be ready close to the wedding, we are paying a mortgage, rent, car loan and a wedding, we had to rent a second place for my partner because I am staying with my parents and they are too far away from where he works, this is just until the house is ready. I am first time mum with a 1 year old who is a handful, we can’t even afford a honey moon because of the new house, my partner is starting to getting  stressed and is having depression with being away from his daughter and finances as we are practically broke every week, my wedding is 6 weeks away and it’s just getting too much, I have not enjoyed any planning of my wedding, I had my first wedding dress fitting the other week and I felt sick at looking at myself in the mirror and now having seconds thoughts about the dress but have no choice but to wear it as we are on a tight budget. I’ve already had a break down and don’t know how I can keep it together for the next 6 weeks. I feel like I can’t talk to anyone, 2 of my bridesmaids (while I love them) are single and don’t understand how I feel, my other bridesmaid has a 2 months baby so is realy not interested in the wedding at all at the moment and I don’t trust her as she will go back to her mother who knows me and all my family and is quite the gossiper. I have been away for a while so have realy lost a few friends and don’t realy know any people where I am I just feel very alone. Has anyone else felt this way, what the hell is wrong with me!!! this is supposed to be the happiest day of my life and but I just can’t wait until it’s over.

MiriamLee

This forum would really help you with your problem.
    There is nothing wrong with you Monifah. It is just you are stressed out and you cannot think of what is right. Even I, if I feel stress I could do the worst decision because I have not analyze it well just because I just want to finish it instantly.
    What I do is I go to a quiet place or go to a place that makes me happy like a nice manicure or a nice full body massage. Just only for 1.5hr I feel relax. After that, I would face my own problems with calmness and the result would be very good.
    Maybe Monifah you just need to take a break for awhile. Just forget first your worries for about 1.5hours and treat yourself.

DankiStar

Hey Monifah
    That is perfectly normal, I have been through similar, living far away from friends is tough (I lived in Broome for 4 years, my friends are in Bunbury). We’re also at that stage (7 weeks) of living day to day trying to figure out how we’re going to buy things like toothpaste, petrol etc lol.
    I just try to think about the end game. Him, me, the celebrant. That is all that matters. Everything else is just frosting. 
    Have you tried to talk to your single friends? Even if they are single, it doesn’t mean they can’t be compassionate and just listen to you vent. I did this the other day, a bottle of chardonnay, a box of tissues and just talked and cried at her. Although I was drunk by the end of it, and can’t remember all I said, I woke up feeling so much better (and hungover lol). 

Monifah_82

I do try and get out for a walk to clear my head, usually I am good the next day but something usually happens to put me back to the stress.Dankistar yes I totally understand that, I was in hedland for 5 years and all my bridesmaids are on the other side of Perth, I wish I was closer and most my friends I lost conact with over the years :( I have vented to my MOH but I think she is stress about the hen do as she wants it perfect for me (love her to bits) and I don’t want to dump to much on her plate. My other single bridesmaid I am pretty sure she still hasn’t accepted that I am a mum now and going to be a wife as I don’t go out drinking with her anymore and not a party animal, not that there anything wrong with that but I just can’t do it anymore as I am out of practice and it hurts to much these days lolI know on the day I’ll be like “GIRLS hand me the champange” lol and will relax as everything will be out of my control it’s just the build up and everything else that is going on at the same time, I feel a little better getting this off my chest and know there are people out there who understand I just hope I don’t fall apart before then or I get put in a stray jackets, WHY do we do this to our self girls lol Thanks ladies you have helped me a lot :)

Oh sweetheart, there’s nothing wrong with you! I’m not planning a wedding, but I’m a single mom, studying full-time and working part-time, so yes I know what it’s like to have everything build up and you just crack underneath it all! I agree with MiriamLee, you definitely need some time to yourself to relax. Ask if your parents can watch the bub for an afternoon while you go get some pampering done and catch up for coffee with some friends. Maybe organise a night out with the girls, just a casual dinner and a movie, and leave the baby at home. Even that small escape will just help you feel a little better. Make a point of not talking about the wedding for the night, just leave it all behind and enjoy yourself.

And you can always come back on here and vent… we’re very good listeners!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers