x

Private v Public for pregnancy…

Home Forums Non-wedding chit chat Private v Public for pregnancy…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bride_2b 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bride_2b

Hi ladies, we are a couple of months away from ttc and trying to decide if we include pregnancy to our health care (we are currently with hbf) or just go public? What are your thoughts.. thanks :)

Bec2013

I think you really need to talk to people in your area and see. I know where I live you actually have to give birth in the public hospital as the private one doesn’t do it! Then you can transfer to private for a few days if you wish. That is what friends of ours were going to do. But because they gave birth near xmas, they were told the private hospital would kick them out (publich holidays etc), so they stayed in the public hospital the whole time.
    Keep in mind waiting periods with private health. Usually 12 months for pregnancy (that’s 12 months before the baby is born, not concieved). I got it, with IVF cover, as my biggest fear is needing IVF and not having cover. We kept my partner on his cheaper cover, as to put him on the one with ivf and pregnancy was much more expensive. When we have children, he will add on to my cover.

Bride_2b

Thanks for the info Bec2013. I am with hbf so called them and have now added maternity to my cover it includes ivf to, I will get to pick out of a number of private hospitals here and you have baby in the private hosps here, not the transfer thing that u mentioned.  I think I have just organised it in time for when we will start ttc in a couple months. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers