x

Number of bridesmaids

Home Forums The Knot Help Number of bridesmaids

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Honey_bee 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi I’m just wondering about having more bridesmaids than groomsmen. We were having only one MOH and best man and now I’m trying to bring our 4 nieces all ages from 16 to 33 into this but I was wondering would it be silly with just one man and if so can i put them on another table for the night and not the head table. Please help I need advice as I’m starting to stress

Hi Rachael, I think because it’s your wedding you should do what you want. My fiance and I have discussed attendants. He doesn’t want any, but I want two, so he’s going to stand up there alone and I’m going to have my two attendants walk down the aisle before I do. I don’t think it sounds silly at all, it’s about your day and what will make you happy.

jsbride

Hi Rachael,

Theres no point filling numbers, we are having 4 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen, 2 flower girls and 1 page boy. My partner was happy with his three, & I didn’t want to leave a sister out so we are going with what feels right for us.

We have worked out what they will do exiting the ceremony, the last BM will walk with the page boy. Dance and reception we are yet to work out.

Dont stress, it will all be OK! Best thing to do is just plan and be prepared so that each person knows what to do, so they don’t look silly :)

Thank you so much as its good to hear other advice also 

Honey_bee

Hi Rachael,
    I think if you would like to have all your nieces as part of your wedding party you should go for it! I think its a really lovely idea. Uneven wedding parties are somewhat of a tradition on my Mums side of the family, my Nanna and Great Nanna each had 7 bridesmaids and 1 best man and my mum managed to cut it down to 5 bridesmaids and 1 best man! I think that they sat 2 bridesmaids next to the best man so that they (the bride and groom) were still in the center of the bridal table. so that might work for you as well. I’m still not sure what ours is going to be I am having 3 bridesmaids but my fiance is still deciding if he will have 1 or 2 :) 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers