x

No bridesmaides

Home Forums Guests & the bridal party No bridesmaides

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cleo 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Caz83

So this may sound a little strange. But thinking about my bridal party I can’t think of anyone I want there. Since high school I travelled alot and lets just say alot of my friends moved on. Recently I had a falling out with my two best friends because they would rather go watch a kids movie than see me when I was in town. I now live in a city where I don’t have many close friends. My real friends are all overseas but know its impossible for them to come to the wedding.  

cleo

Hi Caz,

One of my friends didn’t have any bridesmaids or groomsmen, and her wedding was just beautiful. At the reception both her parents and her hubby’s parents sat at the bridal table instead of the BMs and GM. I really don’t think you ‘have’ to have them, it’s a personal choice. Plus, if you want to look at it this way, you will have more of your budget to spend on other things that you might not have been able to afford with a bridal party. 

Ultimately, it’s your wedding, your choice. Since I was married over a year ago I’ve had family members criticise certain things about our ceremony and reception that they didn’t like or thought were inappropriate (like using an ipod instead of a dj, or our sand ceremony that one particular in law thought was ‘ridiculous’). But in hindsight we had the wedding we wanted, not one that someone told us we had to have, and that’s something we will always cherish, not regret. 

Happy wedding planning, and may your wedding day be everything you and your fiance want it to be x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers