x

Newly engaged Knotties

Home Forums Engagement Newly engaged Knotties

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  trash can 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello ! 
    I recently got engaged (about a month ago now) it happened in Hawaii so we’ve ony just started telling people about it, because we got home yesterday :) 
    I am so excited to get on here & talk to other girls planning their wedding 
    I dont even know where to start with the planning, we’ve probably only told half the people we know, so at the moment i’m just enjoying the bliss that comes along with being engaged !! Argggh still getting used to saying that 
    So where did you guys start ? What was the first thing you would suggest to do :)

Kittikats

Easy:

1. Get a manicure
    2. Enjoy being engaged, tell people and show off your ring (possibly at a party depending on how you go with step 3)
    3.  Talk with your man about the most important parts of a wedding:
    * Budget (How much do we want to spend? What can we afford to save? Is anyone else chipping in?)
    * Size (do we want a big wedding or a smaller one? Also who will our families invite?)
    * Style (Do we want the fancy wedding? A more casual wedding?)
    * Timeline (How long are we going to wait / need for saving and booking?)

Until you have step 3 worked out you can’t move forward with planning.

And do not divulge any wedding ideas to anyone until you have sorted out those basics otherwise anything they sugges is fair game to be forced on you.

i.e You and your FH want a casual wedding but have no idea of budget, size or timeline. Your mum starts ratteling off every person she has ever met as a guest for the wedding.
    “Mum, I think thats too many.”
    “It isn’t. You haven’t said what size this wedding is and I would just love to have everyone watch my little girl get married! Now have you thought of the country club because they have availabilitys in October next year for a wedding….”

But if you talk to your FH and work out your budget (say 15k), style and size (medium casual garden – say 70 people all up including you) and she starts up with crazy long invites you can say:
    “Mum, I’m sorry but FH and I can’t afford that and the loccations we are looking at will not accomidate that many people. If you invite all those people then there won’t be space for you, dad or even us. ”

Once you have all those in place you can start to refine it down and look at venues, services (food, music, photography, flowers) colours, themes, guestlist, attendants etc. But get your basics done first!!

congrats Lauren !!
    very exciting indeed… i am a newly engaged knottie and the same as you, i was really overwhlmed when it came to thinking about planning a wedding day ! i think enjoying it for a bit is definitly the way to go so hope you have been able to do just that !
    i found it overwhelming also about how excited other people were for you !!! (i guess i was like that because my man is Mr. Cool/Chilled/ShowNoEmotion/LaidBack) so it took me a little while to be like… well okay you, just ’cause you’re all cool calm and collected about it, i’m still going to squeel w/ excitement because i can ! ha !
    pinterest has been my favourite site so far w/ soooo many ideas… and if you type in “just engaged” or “wedding planning timelong” there are a whole bunch of helpful pins which will take you to some informative links…
    any dates in mind yet ?

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 6px; color: #141823; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, ‘lucida grande’, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; line-height: 17.563634872436523px;”>Hi Guys thankyou for adding me here is my story</p>
    <p style=”margin: 6px 0px; color: #141823; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, ‘lucida grande’, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; line-height: 17.563634872436523px;”>My names Niki and my fiance’ is Matt and we have been together nearly 10 years. We just got back from Bali 2 days ago for a close friends wedding over there getting married at the Padma in Legian. Matt was a grooms man and once the wedding was over we were there for a holiday. Little did i know that he was going to propose and of course i said yes!!!! We have 2 beautiful boys named Christian aged 5 and Samuel nearly 2 yrs old. I<span class=”text_exposed_show” style=”display: inline;”> am currently studying in my 2nd year of my 4 year degree of Primary school Teaching. We will be be getting married in Bali and my theme is all picked out my colour scheme is cobalt blue with white lillies and blue/ purple singapore orchids. We want a family friendly elegant chic wedding is my idea and the kids to be a major part of our day as well. Look forward to chatting with you soon xxx</span></p>

trash can

That’s great ideas!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  trash can.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers