x

My Fiance sold his ex's engagement ring to his mum! Is this normal ?

Home Forums Bothered brides My Fiance sold his ex's engagement ring to his mum! Is this normal ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bec2013 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jan 88

I donno how to react to this. Is this a normal thing that happens ? I just hate seeing that ring all the time and making me go crazy. We are due to get married in 2 weeks. I don’t want his mum waering that ring in my wedding. My fiance says take it easy. Am I over-reacting ? or Is this really abnormal??

Please helppppp :(

Hi Jan88,
    If your lovely fiance is marrying you, and says to take it easy, then listen to him.  Your engagement ring is special to you.  If the previous engagement ring he bought for the previous wearer or intended wearer had any sentimental value to him he wouldn’t have agreed to sell it to his mother.
    Think of it as just a piece of jewellery that his mum obviously likes, and try not to think of it as having as much meaning as the piece of jewellery as the bit of bling you’re currently sporting on the third finger of your left hand.
    I’d be more concerned if he didn’t want to part with it.  And, maybe think of it another way – his mum probably recognises the effort that went in to it’s purchase.
    My five cents anyway!
    Wishing you all the best for the Big Day!

Bec2013

Just calmly ask her not to wear it. Im sure she would understand. 

Bec2013

At the wedding, I mean. I think the rest ofthe time you might have to let it go. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers