x

MoH problems

Home Forums Bothered brides MoH problems

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jen000 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

swilson

I’ve got 6 months to get my butt in gear and actually plan my wedding but my MoH has disappeared. Not answering texts or calls, seeing my facebook messages and not replying. I know she still exists. She still posts online and such and her housemate posts pics of them at parties, but she doesn’t answer me.
    Should I send her her copy of the Save the Date card with a note telling her I’d love to catch up and grab coffee when she has the time or should I just let her know I’m going to have to replace her if she doesn’t help me?

Jen000

Whoa – that’s not good at all!  So sorry you’re having to deal with this situation!  Your MOH should be the one who’s super excited for you and wants to be as involved as possible.   In all honesty, I would firstly try to call her, if she doesn’t answer, send her a text and tell her that you really need someone as your MOH that wants to be involved and there will be quite a list of things for her to do. Tell her it’s been really hard to get hold of her and you know the wedding will take up a fair amount of her time if she is MOH, so if she feels as though she doesn’t have the time to take on the job, you’ll have to find someone else. 
    If she doesn’t respond to that, find someone else and tell her you’ve found someone else for the job.  A MOH should be your best friend, someone you can rely on, someone who will be there when you’re having a wedding freak out over something ridiculous (it will happen 😉 not someone who wont even return your calls or talk about your wedding 6 months from the day. (It doesn’t sound like she’s acting like much of a friend at all, not about a best friend!).  There is a chance that once you put it to her like that she might come back to you and admit there is a problem.  If you are asking her to contribute money towards a dress etc, she might not have the funds.  Something may have changed in her life and she might not have the time.  If you can get a conversation going with her you might be able to find someone else to be your MOH without fracturing the friendship with this girl.
    Good luck, it’s not a nice position to be in and I’m not usually the one to tell someone they should sack one of their bridal party, but it seems like she’s not all that interested. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers