x

Meeting new people

Home Forums Non-wedding chit chat Meeting new people

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HappyG 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    My FH and I have lots of lovely friends and are looking forward to our wedding in a few weeks at which we will have lots of fun with them. However organising my wedding has brought into light the fact that we don’t have many friends at a similar stage of life as what we are at. A lot of our friends are younger than us and still single, some are older or around our age but don’t have the same sort of life plan as us (they aren’t too bothered about marriage and don’t want children) and sometimes we feel a bit on the outer. I know that we will meet other people when we have children, through mothers groups and so on, but I would like to meet some new people sooner as we don’t plan on having children for a couple of years. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can meet new like minded people?

HappyG

I know how you feel, I’m 22 (which may seem young) so all of my friends either still want to go out and party, go back to the security of their parents, travel or have become pregnant young. There’s no real in-between, especially being a same-sex couple as it can be very isolating and some people can make you feel really unwelcome.

I wish there could be a fortnightly coffee meet-up for local brides or something in the city (it’s pretty central to everything in Melbourne). Or at least an online chat, someone set up a Facebook group for users on this site but it really wasn’t for me.

We’re also not planning to have kids, and don’t look forward to being the “only gays in the village” at mum groups and don’t want to be part of some “rainbow families” group either because we’re not out-there people, we just want to live a normal life and share normal experiences of having a family. I’m not sure how we’re going to deal with thatt aspect of things to be honest, it’s kind of terrifying.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers