x

Live in Perth – getting married in NZ – how do I organise my flowers?

Home Forums Ceremony & reception details Live in Perth – getting married in NZ – how do I organise my flowers?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jahdey 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sonya King

I am getting married in NZ and have no idea how I am going to sort out my flowers.  I would need to go to a florist here to sort out what I want but would have to tell them that i’m getting married in NZ and they won’t be doing the flowers, I am just using their knowledge and expertise to sort out what I want.  I think that would make them feel a tad used.  Has anyone had this issue before?  I’m starting to resign myself to the fact that I will need to pay a consultation fee for a florist here, which I think would be fair.

Jahdey

Hi there, 
    I hope that my post will be of some assurance to you. 
    Three years ago my sister planned her wedding in NZ however she and her husband were living and working in Abu Dhabi at the time (they still are). We are all New Zealanders but most of us now live overseas. 
    My mum was in WA, my Dad lived in NZ – east coast, my Oldest sister lived in another part of NZ, The bride and groom lived in Abu Dhabi, my other sister who was a Bridesmaid lived in London, I was a Bridesmaid and live in Sydney and my brother also lived in NZ but in a different part of NZ to my oldest sister and father. 
    My sister originally eloped with her husband and signed the wedding certificate at the registry office but decided to have a wedding 3 years ago for their 10 year wedding anniversary. 
    I am not going to lie to you it was stressful, however we all pitched in to try and make the day a success and to go as smoothly as possible. 
    Pinterest will be a big help to you. Start finding pictures of bouquets you like and pin them to a board or search on google images and save the images you like to your computer to attach to emails. 
    I don’t think you mentioned what part of New Zealand your wedding is in however I am sure that if you can’t book someone in the location that you are in that they can always deliver the flowers to you. 
    http://www.trademe.co.nz is the nz equivalent to ebay.com.au and will be a big help to you. 
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/services/events-entertainment/wedding/auction-629827825.htm
    I have included a link above to an example of a florist on there, I am sure if you show the florist what you like they can try and use similar flowers or a similar color scheme depending on what is in season at the time. You can navigate to this section by going:
    Home > Services > Events & entertainment > Wedding

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers