x

Is it possible to get married in Australia for under $10,000 and have a NICE WEDDING?

Home Forums Ceremony & reception details Is it possible to get married in Australia for under $10,000 and have a NICE WEDDING?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mary Rogers 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

swarly_xxo

I am going online and searching venues from Gold Coast, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast and all of the nice reception venues I see are all from $150 per person upwards.. it is possible to find a nice venue for a reasonable price? It seems damn near impossible..

Mark danel

Firstly i think you should purchase a cheap and nice wedding dress! As i know the wedding dress in China are selling cheaper and the quality also are good. And you can have a try to use this taobao agent (www.bulltao.com.au) help you purchase from taobao. 
    You can pick some nice and cheap wedding dress from this link:
    http://www.bulltao.com.au/Wedding-dress-cheongsam-dress-cid-50011404.html
    I have order one from their website very nice of the wedding dress.
    http://i.imgur.com/DPqpJ8k.png this is the wedding dress i ordered!

Mark danel

Firstly i think you should purchase a cheap and nice wedding dress! As i know the wedding dress in China are selling cheaper and the quality also are good. And you can have a try to use this taobao agent (www.bulltao.com.au) help you purchase from taobao. 
    You can pick some nice and cheap wedding dress from this link:
    http://www.bulltao.com.au/Wedding-dress-cheongsam-dress-cid-50011404.html
    I have order one from their website very nice of the wedding dress.
    http://i.imgur.com/DPqpJ8k.png this is the wedding dress i ordered!

In regards to venues, have you considered finding a nice venue but then organizing your own decorations and catering? depending on where you look and who you go with, this can be cheaper than hiring a reception venue with meals provided. You can also decide to go buffet meal or cocktail reception to save on costs. If you are getting married in appropriate weather you can have an outdoor cocktail reception, and just hire the marquee and outdoor decorations. For cheaper catering you could consider some Tafe students studying hospitality and work out an arrangement.
    Of course, all of this depends on your definition of ‘nice’… if you’re not having anything less than a sit-down meal at a reception hall then you’ll probably struggle to find something… have you asked in the location section if any other QLD brides found a great place?

Kittikats

There are ways to have a nice wedding with your budget, the key is to compromise and work out what you want.

You might need to decide what is important and be willing to spend less on things that aren’t a high priority. You might decide that your honeymoon and food are what is most important and be happy to choose cheaper flowers and have candles as centrepeices for example.

I might also suggest hiring your bridal gown or ordering online. Not only is it much cheaper but if you hire you can choose a much more fancy/expensive gown than you might be able to afford to buy outright and save yourself quite a lot of money.

Try a buffet or servered stations instead of the traditional sit down dinner (saves costs) Limitted bar instead of open bar (so beer, wine and soft drinks but no cocktails or spirits)

Also there are ways to make things cheaper. Look at maybe different days or seasons when there isn’t such a high demand for wedding services and try and find locations that allow you do do your own decorating / catering or offer the above suggestions.

Maybe reduce the guest list of people you feel you should invite instead of really want there (i.e co-workers you feel you should if they aren’t close friends or cousins you haven’t seen since you were a child)

Also, just keep looking. One place I liked the look of had the price of $105 a head and drink packages started at $35 a head back in 2004! But I kept looking and eventually found a place that I liked as much that charged $55 a head with drink packages starting at $15 a head.

You’ll find one, just be prepared to look, wait and negociate.

<p>Have you thought about finding a nice hall that will fit everyone and have it catered? Where I live we only have about 5 options for a reception venue and we’ve gone with a hall ($500 hire for the weekend) and a spit roast catering company. It was costing us $37.50 a head for 3 meats, 5 salads/veges and 4 desserts plus bread, potatoes, cutlery, crockery, staff, tables etc but it went to $41.50 a head because they have to travel 2.5hrs to us. It’s a lot cheaper than most options and I know there are a few spit roast caterers on the coast :) </p>

<p>Absolutely possible! i do live in Perth though so not sure what sort of venues you have available to you. We found a small restaurant that is built withing several heritage buildings close to the centre of the city (easy access) that allow you to book out the whole venue for private functions without a booking fee. All we have to do is pay for food and drink consuption and a small labour fee. My HOB and I are on a very very low budget as he is studying at uni full time and I am currently a stay t home mum to 2 kids and planning to go back to studying next year. Our budget is sitting at around $9,000. We decided to cut cost further by inviting less people. Our total guest list is 70 people (including kids and bridal party) with around 20 more ‘ceremony only’ invites going out too. We decided to cut cost even further still by having a cocktail style reception as opposed to sit down meal. We will have canapes, small bowls of food, a dessert buffet and our wedding cake and it will all be under $6,000. I bought my Dolly Couture Bridal gown from Gumtree from a nice young lady who ordered it from the UK for her own wedding but it did not arrive in time so she wore something else instead and was trying to get rid of it at a reduced price. I payed $550 for that and it fits perfectly. We are also doing all DIY for our decorations and we managed to find fresh flowers at wholesale prices so using those instead of paying thousands for a florist… I also found a student phtographer who does great stuff and only charges $500 for her wedding packages. All it takes is asking around and searching. It takes time and effort but well worth it all :)</p>
    <p> </p>

<p>I also went to a weding this year in march where the bride and groom wanted to put together a sit down dinner reception for 100 guests on a budget of $10,000. Tehy hired a hall (hire cost included tables and chairs and use of power, kitchen and ppliances) they found a caterer that did buffet dinners for $30pp who also provided crockery, cuttlery, table linens, napkins etc. and also allowed them to provide their own drinks. So they just went to the bottle-o and bought a range of sparkling, red, white, beer and cider and the caterers served water in jugs. They also had a lolly buffet that they DIY’d and just had their wedding cake for dessert. They also DIY’d their centrepieces which looked AMAZING and very elegant. You wouldn’t have even been able to tell they were hand made by them unless you already knew.</p>

<p>Of course, you manage within this amount. This is enough for this purposes. Your venues expenses, photography expenses as well as other expenses easily manage.</p>
    <p>Anyhow, I reconmended you Gold Coast place for this. This is good one as compare with other places for your wedding day.</p>

BecT86

I just got married last month for under $10,000. We did it by having a smaller guest list, we had 60 people and we went to a golf course so paid $50 a head for food and then did a bar tab (just beer, wine and soft drink). We also used people we know where we could, for example I asked my normal hair dresser to come over and do our hair, a friend did the cake and makeup essentially for cost price. for our photographer we just did a 2hour package and are just getting photos on CD and going to do our own printing and albums.
    We saved big after I got my dress on sale ($1000 off!). I also did all our invites, place cards, menus etc and bought most of the paper supplies from Kmart.
    It’s possible but you need to shop around and pull in favours!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers