x

Is 45mins to far to make guests travel between ceremony and reception?

Home Forums The Knot Help Is 45mins to far to make guests travel between ceremony and reception?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  olivia23 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m getting married at the Roma St Parklands in January and my matron of honour has offered her home to hold the reception but she’s about a 45min drive from the ceremony location. Do you guys think this is to far to make guests travel? i’m working with a 5k budget.

Hi Sammy, my first reaction would be yes, normally couples try to limit the drive to 20 mins. But if it’s your matron of honour’s house I think that wipes away the time limit because it is great of her to offer her home. Also, I think because it’s at her home there won’t be the time limit for the guests to leave and you can have a much more fun time and stay a lot later than a restaurant. Maybe just mention to guests beforehand that there will be a long drive and suggest some carpool to save petrol, and also suggest it will be good to have a few people in one car with a designated driver… and also explain the budget, so guests understand it’s not only a nice offer from the matron, but you’re also accepting it because you want a great wedding without the heavy price

hmm,as to me,i will feel very far.with the 45 min’s travel,the guest will feel very tired of the wedding,so just control your budget and the time limited under 20 minutes.

olivia23

Not at all. If you are worried about it you could look at hiring a bus. I no you are on a tight budget but it would be cheaper then changing venues. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers