x

Invitations for destination wedding

Home Forums Honeymoons & destination weddings Invitations for destination wedding

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyG 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Tinkybell

Hey fellow knotties, just looking for some guidance! 
    We are having a destination wedding up on daydream island, the whitsundays, and have people travelling from England, and all over Australia! We sent our save the date cards out a few months ago, we are now about 9 and a half months out and I was wondering when should we start thinking about sending invites out? 
    I know we need to do it soonish, rather than a few month out like a ‘normal’ wedding, but I’m struggling to figure out the right time! 

Any ideas? Or anyone already done all this? 

Thanks in advance :) 

Bec87

Hi tinkybell. I think, as you have sent STD cards, you could wait to send the invites until 6 months before the wedding. We are getting married in Fiji in June and decided to send invites now in lieu of std cards. 

HappyG

Usually for a regular wedding you can send invites as early as 3-6 months, but for destination you need to account for booking airfares, invites getting lost in the mail and taking forever to arrive so 6-9 months is a more realistic figure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers