x

Ideas for honeymoon??

Home Forums Honeymoons & destination weddings Ideas for honeymoon??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Lee 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    I’m having trouble thinking of places to go on our honeymoon, does anyone have any ideas/past experiences they could share? Can be within Australia or overseas.
    Any contribution would be great! Thankyou!

-April

Hi April
    It depends on how adventurous you both are?  You could find a secluded eco resort and eat leafy greens while hot rocks are massaged into your backs’ simultaneously. Or perhaps Paris…….
    I hope this helps
    Tiff

There is a really amazing place called Saffire Freycinet in Tasmania that’s worth looking at – also Longitude 131 near Ayers Rock is incredible. Both are quite expensive though.
    There’s an amazing list here which has some stunning honeymoon locations – http://qosy.co/most-luxurious-hotels-retreats/

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:””;
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
    line-height:107%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:”Calibri”,”serif”;
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Santorini, Greece
    Last year two friends of ours had their wedding and honeymoon on the Greek island of Santorini.  The guests stayed for the first week and then the newlyweds spent another week by themselves.  It was simply a stunning place to have a wedding/honeymoon.  We all stayed in a hotel along the caldera in a town called Oia tend.  Slightly more upmarket than the towns like Kamari and Perissa, but worth every penny.  The view out onto the crystal blue sea from the hotel every morning was stunning.  Then there’s the food.  Except for the wedding reception we ate out in tavernas in the town.  Cheaper and much better than the overpriced restaurants by the water.  My partner and I have just got engaged and we are seriously considering going back and doing it all over again – with us as bride and groom this time.

Lin F

Hi April!If you’re thinking of a tropical island that is not too far off from Australia, Bali is definitely an ideal destination for a romantic honeymoon.Beachfront villas are popular honeymoon accommodation – I would recommend villas located in the Peninsula, in areas such as Uluwatu or Jimbaran. If you are looking for a quieter region in Bali, villas along the Eastern coasts of Bali (Candidasa) are great too. If you prefer to be surrounded by greenery, you will enjoy a relaxing stay in quieter areas such as Canggu or Ubud. It is not difficult to find a villa surrounded by lush, green rice fields in these areas. 
    One of the best parts about having your honeymoon in Bali is that there is such a great variety of activities available – you and your partner could do water sports (surfing, snorkeling, diving), trekking, cycling, yoga, or head for spa treatments during your honeymoon. 
    I hope this helps!
    Lin @ Wedding-Bali.com

Chris Lee

I am thinking of going to Bali, because I want to spend my honeymoon enjoy the beach and sunshine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers