x

I want out

Home Forums Guests & the bridal party I want out

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HappyG 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

swilson

My friend asked me to be her bridesmaid. At the time I was willing and said yes.
    Since then I’ve come to the realisation that I don’t really want to be her bridesmaid. In fact, I don’t want to go to her wedding at all.Her fiancee is a jerk, she’s become really mean to everyone we know and I just can’t afford to be a bridesmaid with my family commitments.
    I don’t know how to tell her that she should choose someone better suited to the role. Help?

Bec2013

Sounds like you aren’t that fussed if you lose the friendship, so just say you don’t want to do it anymore. Say you can’t afford it, or give it to her straight, up to you. Do try to do it asap though so she can replace you.

Kirraleej

I was in a situation like that last year, where I had said yes in the spur of the moment but then more and more I wanted nothing to do with it. I toughed it out, but I haven’t had anything to do with the bride since. I really should have just pulled out.

HappyG

The best thing to do is to just talk to her and be honest. Do it sooner, rather than later to reduce the stress and backlash. If she is really a good friend she will understand and appreciate your honesty. As a bridesmaid it is your duty to keep the bride in check and sometimes that means being harsh and telling her when she’s become a bridezilla.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers