x

How to tactfully write on an engagement invitation we are only having a small wedding?

Home Forums Planning & etiquette How to tactfully write on an engagement invitation we are only having a small wedding?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ExcitedBrideToBe09 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My partner and I are planning our engagement party, our wedding is going to be quite a small intimate wedding, so we are throwing a huge engagement party for all our friends and family to come, for the ones who wont be invited.Problem is, I don’t know how to “Tactfully” say it in a formal fun way to put on our invitations!If anyone out there that are good with words, or have actually done this, could help me with ideas of what to write on our invitations?!Thank you

Ch88

Hi Kelly
    We had also had a much bigger engagement party than we will wedding. Rather than write it on the invites, we just let people know when they asked about our plans. We said something like “We’re having a really small wedding with just the family and our closest, joint friends”. My Fiance also mentioned it in his speech at the party.
    Reading something like that on a invite may be a little off-putting for some people (no matter how tactfully you wirte it). Our theory was that it is better to tell them when they have had a couple drinks and are having too much fun to worry about it. This method was very sccessful for us! 

Hi Kelly,
    We worded ours along the lines of this, as I cant remember word for word. “As our wedding will be a small intimate affair, please join us in celebrating our engament before saying I do” 
    feedback I received was people liked how it was written and those who know they won’t be invited understood and weren’t offended. 
    Hope that helps. 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers