x

Hair Accessory Help

Home Forums Beauty – hair & makeup Hair Accessory Help

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bridget Anderson 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jayo

I am in love with a Jannie Baltzer hair comb (Marlene) but it’s crazy expensive, almost $400! I just can’t justify it. Now wondering if I could make something similar myself. Have any other brides worn something similar, and if so how did the comb go into your hair? Would also appreciate photos of brides with similar style and of your own DIY hair pieces. Thanks!

Jayo

Oops, photo didn’t load, here’s a link to the picture… http://janniebaltzer.com/marlene

Kayla B

Hi there Jayo,
    The comb is beautiful. Have you tried looking on Etsy website? they’re very similar combs on the hair accessory section of the site. I am a hairdresser and have put a lot of combs into hair for weddings. I recommend putting the comb into position and then using bobby pins similar to your hair colour to fasten it onto your hair. Of course these bobby pins would be hidden so you wouldn’t spoil the look. I hope that this helps you make a decision. :) 

Hi Jayo, have you looked up some jewelry makers/designers in Melbourne to see if they could make this for cheaper? I’m hopefully going to be doing the same with my necklace. Saw the necklace I wanted for my wedding in a jewelry store and asked about the price and nearly fainted. It was $80,000!!! So I grabbed a picture and am hopefully to have it created in cubic zirconias instead of real gems… If I find anyone I’ll let you know, although I was told by a friend a couple days ago that there’s a jeweler across from Bayswater train station that creates jewelry. Not sure where you live. I’ll see if I can find out his name and details…

Hi Jayo, it’s the Ringmaker, 13 Station Street, Bayswater. I’m not sure if he could do the hairpiece but no harm in ringing and asking… good luck!

Jayo

Wow, thanks for all your help ladies! Kayla B the bobby pin idea sounds good, very nice to hear from a hair dresser who would know her stuff! I looked on Etsy and found a similar piece and contacted the designer so she’ll make it in the right shape but with her own design (which will work better as she uses more lace and my dress is lace anyway). She’s doing it for $130! Big difference and if it turns out horribly at least I haven’t wasted too much on it. If that does happen I’ll check out your jeweller Emerald Bride. Huge thank you again!

candy dan

candy dan

you can really diy your hair accessory by yourself,you will be very pride with your opus.here is one link for your diy hair accessory,just as reference.
    amiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/DIY-Hair-Accessories-For-Your-Wedding#slide-related

That is absolutely gorgeous but like you, I wouldn’t be able to justify spending that much money.
    I agree that you should have a look at Etsy, there are some incredibly creative and talented people there, that would be able to recreate it at a lower price.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers