x

Getting married in the US

Home Forums Honeymoons & destination weddings Getting married in the US

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Samantha Sutton 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    I have a few problems I hope some people might know the answers to:
    – Will a wedding in the US (Utah) be legally recognised. I tried the regostry in NSW and they were no help (I’ll also need to change my name)
    – Thoughts on hair and makeup trials. I am worried about chosing someone based on pics and not having a trial but I don’t think we will have time. 
    Thanks gang xxx

Kate G

Hello, Im getting married in Las vegas. From the research I have done the marriage is recognised however I cannot use my overseas marriage certificate to change my name I would have to do that legally thought births deaths and mariages.

<p>Hello,</p>
    <p>I am getting married in Hawaii in May. If your wedding/marrige is logged correctly in Utah, so you are legally married, then no you don’t do anything here in Australia. You’re marriage will be recognised here in Australia, but registered in Utah. You are not able to marry to marry the same person twice if it is already legally recognised in the state/country you wed in.</p>
    <p>Also, to change your name you will have to go through Birth Deaths & Marriages and change it on your own. You will have to supply your overseas marriage certificate however.</p>
    <p>Source: Birth Deaths & Marriages Victoria, Melbourne US Embassy</p>
    <p>Keep in mind you may also need to get a No Impediment to Marriage Certificate before you leave for Utah – depending on what Utah’s requirements are.</p>
    <p>Hope this helps :)</p>

Hi – I think? It’s okay? I’m hoping to get married in South Carolina. My fiancĂ© and I both live in Australia however he is British and I am Canadian so it complicates things! Did anyone find out anything more about this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers