x

(Freak Chic – Hosting an uptown Halloween wedding.) Black Dress Opinions?

Home Forums Dresses & fashion (Freak Chic – Hosting an uptown Halloween wedding.) Black Dress Opinions?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Plum Sexton 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Okay, so we’ve all heard the horror stories and we’ve all been told that good brides wear white, but honestly, I have never ever conformed to common fashion, so why start now, right? Lol.My fiance and I are quite into alternative and gothic clothing and culture and we both loved the idea of tying the knot on Halloween. (I’m American and I see it as a lovely way to be able to still celebrate my favorite holiday from back home every year even though I’m living abroad now, plus I’ve just always thought it would be incredible to have a Halloween wedding.)
    But we also both agreed that if we’re going to do this, we’re going to do it right.We want to stay classy and keep it upclass, but fun.I’ve done all of the wedding planning mysf thus far, but I’m torn on the dress.
    Half of me is leaning towards my fiance’s laid back “In for a penny, in for a pound” mentality and am competely in love with this black dress I’ve found online, but the other half is this awful little whisper telling me no.

So what are your opinions?Do I jump in head first and damn the consequences, rock the goth, or do I try to stay a bit more traditional for once and maybe go for a white dress with black accents?
    Whatever dress I wear I am going to have to be able to accessorize into a costume for the reception, as it is formal costumed.
    ANY opinions, even kick in the head “Girl what are you THINKING?!” ones are appreciated. I just want to test the waters here.

The Dress: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers