x

Found the best unique reading!!

Home Forums Ceremony & reception details Found the best unique reading!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HappyG 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wanted to share this with other brides because it was the best idea that we accidently found. We were having heaps of trouble trying to find something different for our wedding readings because we’ve been to so many weddings in the last couple of years trying to be ‘different’ and heard the same books quotes nearly every time.
    We’re not mushy people but a friend told us about this lady who writes poems based on information you give her. It wasn’t too pricey so we thought we’d give it a go and told her the story about when we first met (it was a funny story and we wanted to talk about it at our wedding anyway). It was awesome! It was funny and sweet, but it was just about us. I am so excited I won’t let anyone read it; I’m not even giving it to my sister (who will read it) until closer to the date because I want it to be a surprise.
    It’s called Ramblings Poetry (www.ramblingspoetry.com.au). I’m also ordering a short one for our wishing well and am thinking I might get something for our favours as well. Hope this helps anyone else having trouble finding readings and stuff. So happy with ours!

HappyG

It’s great that you found something just right for you (and also a shame that we don’t get a sneak peek!)

We had a custom somg made for our entrance down the aisle,  and are super happy with it. We’re not big poetry people, so this isn’t really an option I would look at, however I think it’s geeat to know that services like this are available.

I think everyone has a different style, so it’s worth looking at non-conventional sources for inspiration as well. Offbeat Bride is an awesome blog with a few articles on non-traditional reading and music choices; and Etsy would be great for finding a style that suits you and being able to see the work of a variety of authors. Maybe even look into your local writer’s festival as you may find someone who could produce you a great reading,  or even perform it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers