x

Don't want a Hen's night

Home Forums Bothered brides Don't want a Hen's night

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  branda crawford 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Caz83

Hi All
    I’m sure I am not the only one who doesn’t want a hen’s night, nor do I want a hens weekend. My H2B is having a bigger than Ben Hur boys weekend away.

Myself I don’t have that many close friends, (it was hard enough trying to pick my bridal party) and none of my friends would really want to do what I would want. My idea of a good night out would be at the footy. My none of my friends would actually want to (or have fun) doing that.

I’m not into the pamper spa weekends or into nights out on the town.

Question is has anyone not had a Hen’s night and regrets it later on? It’s not like after I get married I will be locked up, and never allowed to go out.

Thoughts?

JessicaFay

I am the kind of person who advocates doing what you want – if you don’t want a hen’s night, just let your bridal party know that you would prefer not to do anything (or wait until they approach you about having one and tell them then).

I have a couple of girlfriends who decided to not have a hen’s night – one was having a small wedding and didn’t want friends who she wasn’t able to invite to feel left out, the other just wasn’t into being the centre of attention. The first girl has been married for about 3 years now, the other for about 1 year and I don’t think either of them regret their decision.

My future SIL also decided that she did not want a hen’s night for similar reasons to you (she doesn’t have a lot of friends, and they have very different ideas of ‘fun’). Instead, one of her sisters arranged a surprise restaurant dinner on the same night as the bucks party. We ate, had some wine and went home. It was just family (from both sides) in attendance, but my future SIL did enjoy doing something low key.

nice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers