x

Destination Beach Wedding – HELP!! :)

Home Forums The Knot Help Destination Beach Wedding – HELP!! :)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  DerbyBride 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

We are looking at a destination beach wedding and I have no idea where to start!! If any one has any tips or suggestions that would be much appreciated. Thanks :) x

Liesel

Ive been doing a bit of hunting myself.
    Palm cove, port douglas, trinity beach are all beautiful.
    We have settled for cairns (no beach, but a beautiful waterfront) because my FH friends are big partiers at events and we wanted to make it easier for them to go out after.
    Also there is the sunshine & goldcoast. I believe the Mirage gold coast is amazing.
    Unless you were after an overseas location

Lin F

Hi Sianna!Bali is one of the top choices for a destination wedding – apart from the beautiful beaches there, there are also a wide variety if wedding venues, accommodation options and travel activities for you and your guests!Apart from deciding on a destination, other aspects that you should research on are: budget, wedding venue (eg. do you want to get married on the beach, at a villa by the beach, or in a resort?), wedding planner/ wedding packages. The budget is the most important factor, as it will affect other aspects of your wedding, in one way or another. It may be difficult to work out an accurate budget at the start (and changes will definitely be made along the way), but try to work out the total sum that you’re willing to set aside for your destination wedding, as well as how much you want to allocate to each aspect of your wedding (eg. wedding venue fee, event decor, food, entertainment). If you’re looking for a gorgeous setting (and Bali happens to top your list), I would definitely suggest the beach villas along the Peninsula, in regions such as Uluwatu and Jimbaran. Otherwise, there are also great beaches in quieter locations such as Canggu, or in the Eastern parts of Bali (Candidasa, Sanur). I hope this gives you a better idea of how and where to start your search!Lin @ Wedding-Bali.com

DerbyBride

My sister in law got married in Thailand, at a resort in Bang Tao Bay (Phuket).  It was a beautiful venue – small non-religious chapel over a lake for the ceremony (she arrived on a boat) then the reception at a restaurant directly on the beach front facing west, so gorgeous sunset over the water for photos.  It was stunning and a gorgeous day! The resort was called the Dusit Thani Laguna.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers