x

Date Clashes

Home Forums Bothered brides Date Clashes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HappyG 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

T.J.M-K

<p>I’m after someone outside advice about what to do.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I found out recently that another couple I know from university has booked there wedding for the date that my fiance and I had picked out before we got married.  The groom of the other couple is pressuring me to change the date, because they have booked a lot of things already.  I’ve tried to explain that the date we have chosen has special meaning to us as it is my Granddad’s birthday, he died just over a year ago now  and I have asked him for a lot of guidance since his death.  </p>
    <p>We are both looking at getting married in the same area and the other bride to be suggest we just make sure we have seperate ceremony times.  There will be only about 5 people that will be invited to both.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I’m not sure if I should just give up the date and try and stop all the fuss.  </p>

JessicaFay

<p>Whilst this is an unfortunate clash, if the date is important to you I say you should stick with it and don’t give in to the pressure of the other (completely rude and out of line) groom. You don’t need to explain yourself to him – it is not up to him when you get married. Even with different ceremony times, I think that you are going to find that the 5 guests who are invited to both weddings are going to choose one over the other (at least, I know I would – trying to run between two venues just seems like too much hassle). If I was you, I would stick with the date that has so much importance to me and would plan the rest of the day the way I want it – if your ceremony happens to be at the same time as someone else’s, so be it.</p>

HappyG

<p>This is a tough one, but I have to side with the other couple, as they picked that date first and are already further into planning than you are.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Whilst I would normally say you should go for your significant date; the day someone chooses can have a number of important factors and reasons behind them, and your reasons aren’t better than the other bride (as you just can’t know their thought process). If anything I would recommend against getting married on another significant date such as the birthday of your deceased grandfather, as it could be a very stressful and upsetting time for you and also for other family members who may take offence.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>There’s also the factor of mutual friends/guests, you’re effectively making them choose sides, and that isn’t fair</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>By involving the groom, she tried to find a non-confrontational way to let you know what is going on for them; and although I think directly asking you to change the date is tactless,  I do agree that you should. First come, first serve, they got the date before you.</p>
    <p> </p>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers