x

copy cat wedding

Home Forums The Knot Help copy cat wedding

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DankiStar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kateb13

Needing some advice from other brides.
    My future step-mothers daughter has decided to have her wedding in Fiji, possibly at the same hotel as us, 3 months after our wedding. I’m not sure whether I am out of line in thinking this is unfair  to us, or not? My future step mother is the kind of person who will be so invested in her daughters wedding that when she comes to ours she will be arranging meetings with the wedding coordinator while we are over there. 
    Fiji have pretty set ways of doing things, and I am feeling like our special day is going to be analyzed, critiqued, then made better for her own daughters wedding.
    There are only 2 set wedding packages and she is looking at the same one as us.
    I’m not sure whether I should voice my concerns on this or not.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 
    Kate

DankiStar

Hi Kate
    I wouldn’ stress too much, you are marrying your fella, she is marrying his. Your guests will either be different and not know that the weddings are the same, or they will be mutual guests and probably think it is off that she is copying your wedding! 
    But if you’re really feeling funny about it, speak to her (or your step mum) and let them know you are feeling weird. They say imitation is the biggest form of flattery, she may just think your wedding sounds awesome!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers