x

Christian pastor at a non religious wedding

Home Forums Culture, religion, lifestyle & traditions Christian pastor at a non religious wedding

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HappyG 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Amy White

So my partner and I are having a christian pastor marry us at our outdoor venue because his family are christian and he is their old pastor. My question is, is it rude to ask him to say one bible verse and one bible verse only?We don’t believe in God but if I had to have something from the bible, (which I know I do) I would have Corinthians 13:4-7.At the end it says (talking about love) it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres and I was hoping after he finishes he could say, may your love for each other always perservere and then just get on with the expressions of intent, vows and rings. Is it rude to ask a pastor to say a particular thing in your wedding and specify that it’s the only thing in the bible that you would like???

HappyG

No it’s not rude, your celebrant should respect what you want and need, and if he is unreasonable or rude, find someone else who will accommodate you . It’s Good actually really good that you have a strong idea of what you want and it will really help you to find the right fit for your celebrant (sometimes the local option isn’t the best, so don’t be afraid to shop around).

Every venue is different as well, so check out the requirements and with your options (some venues only allow for traditional,  conservative, religious services, or services in a particular language), and some venues only allow their own celebrant; so make sure you do all your checks for that as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers