x

Cancelling Venue & Band – No Contract

Home Forums The Knot Help Cancelling Venue & Band – No Contract

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bec2013 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SHM1312

Hi Knotties! 
    I’ve got a bit of a dilemna. For reasons aplenty, my fiance and I are wishing to cancel the venue and band that we have paid deposits for. We have paid a 50% deposit on the band, and 10% deposit on the venue, however have not received terms and conditions or contracts for either.
    Our wedding wasn’t due until October 2014, and so am wondering – given that it’s well over 12 months out – how we would go about cancelling and requesting a full refund of said deposits?
    I could understand handing over the money if they didn’t have time to make alternate bookings, however considering it’s over a year away am hoping to recoup most of the money – most especially because we never received or were made aware of any contracts or terms & conditions. 
    Please help Knotties – am going silently bonkers. 

Bec2013

Hmmm, usually deposits are not refundable. If it was me, I would just explain the situation and ask nicely, then see what they say. Are you changing the venue and band because of personal reasons or because you have found something better? Have you postponed/cancelled the whole wedding? Could you just ask to change the date? If it is personal reasons that you can explain to them, you might get more sympathy. My thoughts are that they are not obliged to pay you back, so try to be really nice!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers