x

Bridesmaids in UK and Oz …

Home Forums Guests & the bridal party Bridesmaids in UK and Oz …

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DankiStar 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tinkybell

I am English but have been living in Australia with my now fiancé for 2 years! We have decided to get married here in Oz! That throws up issues for my bridesmaid dresses … I will be having a few girls from England and a few from Australia, and I’m starting to struggle with colours and styles, like making sure I get the same colour! I thought I could get the 15 in one dress from the Internet in the girls sizes and then send them and get them to get fitted?? 

Anyone got any tips and suggestions? Anyone been in a similar situation? Would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance! 

danianiela

I don’t have bridesmaids in different locations, but I do have bridesmaids who have very different styles and who would not have been able to agree on the one style of dress for the day.
    So… to avoid any headaches, I told them that they were wearing black, knee-length cocktail dresses.  They could each pick their preferred style and matching colours wasn’t an issue. 
    They have all picked very different looking dresses, but because they each look great in the style they’ve chosen, and because all three dresses are black and the same length, they actually “match,” so to speak.
    This could also would work for your sitaution as they could each find a dress in their own location and you wouldn’t have to worry about matching colours or posting dresses across the world for fittings.
    If you wanted a bit of colour to go with a theme, there are always shoes, flowers (including wrist corsages which they wear all day), jewellery, hairpieces and makeup left which could include colour.

Tinkybell

Thank you so much for the reply! It’s helped a lot! Sometimes you just need a different take on the situation! :) 

DankiStar

Hey Tinkybell
    My friend ordered her dresses from “Coast”, which I believe is a UK store. They also have a shop in Perth (not sure about QLD). This may help if you can get everyone to go into a store either in the UK or Aus

Tinkybell

Hi DankiStar, thanks for replying, yes we do have Coast in England but none around here were I live in Queensland! I figured it out though … Alfred Angelo stock a whole range of over 50 colours in my hometown here, and in my hometown in England! So I think I have solved my problem! It’s amazing how a trip out to the shops can open your eyes, the woman in the shop was soooooo helpful! 
    Thanks again 😀 

DankiStar

Tinkybell
    I LOVE AA, my dress is an AA dress <3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers