x

Bridesmaid HATES their dress???

Home Forums Bothered brides Bridesmaid HATES their dress???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JessicaFay 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

PLEASE HELP! My wedding is in just a months time. I have 2 bridesmaids, I gave them an option, 1 – The pay for their own dress but they get to pick the style (the colour I decided on was blue). or 2 – I pay for their dress but I pick the style. And they both happily agreed with option 2.

They came with me when I was picking out the dresses and they got to put in their opinions and I picked a style that I thought we were all happy with. My two BM’s where measured and the dresses were ordered.

The dress’s have arrived and I picked them up and they tried them on. They seemed okay with them. But later I had heard that they were bitching behind my back about how hideous the dresses were. I asked one of them about it and she said “well, it is unfaltering… could we get something else?”

Does she think I’m made of money!? these dresses cost me $285 EACH.

I really don’t know what to do… I’m hurt and I feel like they shouldn’t have told me in the shop that they liked the dress if they didn’t!?

Any advice I’m having a meltdown.

JessicaFay

The audacity of that bridesmaid asking to get something else!!

If I was you, I would be going back to the bridesmaids and telling them that you don’t appreciate them bitching behind your back – they had ample opportunity to speak up in the store and they decided not to, so this is not your problem. I would also say that they are welcome to wear the dresses without complaint (meaning that you don’t want to hear ANY rumours through the grapevine that they have been bitching again), they are welcome to pay you the $285 for each dress and choose (buy) something else that they would rather wear, or they can attend the wedding as guests (I’d either be asking them to reimburse you for the now useless dresses or try to sell them through eBay or something). You graciously offered to pay for their dresses, which you didn’t have to do, with the stipulation that you got to pick them out – if they weren’t happy with this, they should have decided to buy their own dresses from the beginning.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers