x

Bridesmaid dresses

Home Forums Non-wedding chit chat Bridesmaid dresses

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mary Rogers 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, I will be having 1 maid of honour and  1 bridesmaid. the maid of honour wants an outfit that she can wear again (preferably a cocktail one) while the bridesmaid would like an evening gown. Is it okay if they have 2 different styles and length of dresses? My theme is ivory n black so their dresses will be black. I dont really mind different dresses and length just wondering if it will go with my theme of elegant. has anyone had these before? I have seen bridesmaids all having different style of dresses but its either long or short so just wondering if it will be okay.

HappyG

You can totally get something that will cater to their needs and still fit your theme.

It’s the in-thing right now to have mismatching bridesmaids,  however it trends to look better for casual,  indie and country or backyard themes. A LBD (Little Black Dress) will always be in style so it’s a good place to start, I’d recommend keeping the same fabric for both girls and changing up the necklines, finding ones that flatter their individual figures. If you’re not sure what they want (as cocktail and evening wear can have some crossover), take them to a few stores and see what sort of things catch their eye, and use that for inspiration.

I think it’s okay to have two kinds of dresses in your wedding. Your bridesmaid will be happy to have the dress that she wants. Also your maid of honor will be happy too. Just add some accessories to be more elegant. By the way I love black and ivory theme in weddings. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Chris Lee

It is OK if the two dresses don’t have totally big differences, such as color. Black, white, ivory, the three colors are OK.

I think it’s more than ok to have 2 different styles and length of dresses. Your bridemaid will happy to own different dress you prepared for them. I vote ivory too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers