x

Brides: How to Get What You Want for Your Wedding

Home Forums Bothered brides Brides: How to Get What You Want for Your Wedding

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stinnett Parker 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JULIA DATT

A little post I wrote for all brides :)

When you say “I do”, it’s a momentous occasion not just for you, but all those close to you: immediate family members such as your parents, his parents, your best girlfriends, his mates.

The planning starts feverishly, because places fill up so quickly nowadays and before you know it, the big day will be upon you.

There’s the venue, the dress, the bridesmaids, the guest list, the flowers, the decor, the tricky gift dance (do we ask for money or have a wedding registry?)

As a bride, it can get pretty overwhelming balancing your needs and pleasing everyone else: ie. your Great Aunt Madge.

Here is a quick list of How to Get What You Want for Your Wedding.

1. Look at the bigger picture
    It’s great to be organised and have a clear idea of what you want. However, in many cases you won’t get exactly the option you wanted due to availability or budget constraints.

This is where you take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

You may feel disappointed and let down, but remember: there are still other options available that come with their own set of benefits!

2. Be true to yourself
    As unpopular as this sounds, this is really YOUR day, so big decisions such as the dress and the venue you should be happy with.

It’s easy to lose sight of what you want when everyone wishes to relive their own wedding day through yours, whether it’s pushing their own wedding dress onto you or insisting your dream wedding venue just won’t do.

3.Compromise on the little things
    This is where most brides usually fall short – they try to control every aspect to do with the wedding, even when it doesn’t directly involve them. Yes ladies, I’m talking about bridesmaid’s dresses.

I’d suggest having a general guideline of either style or colour you’d like your bridesmaids to wear (pick one, so you don’t seem like you’re being a control nazi) and offering to pay for at least part of it if your budget is small.

If the issue is guest list related, such as deciding whether or not to invite Great Aunt Madge, think about whether it’s worth losing tears and sleep over, in the event that one or two undesired people don’t make the chop.

They’ll probably seated at the other end of the room where you won’t see them and chances are they won’t be the person you’re thinking of on your special day.

4. Listen politely to everyone’s usually unsolicited opinions, smile, and do what you were going to do anyway

The trick here is to do exactly that. Most people have their own ideas of what they think constitutes a fantastic wedding and just want to be heard out.

This is where you listen and acknowledge, then go off and carry on with your own plans. They will be none the wiser until well after the wedding day (by which time you would have returned from your honeymoon weeks later and all would be forgotten).

When it comes to the wedding day, do what you and your partner feel is right.

At the end of the day, it’s YOU who will be keeping your dress as a memento, and have the beauty of the day imprinted in your memory until the end.

Stay strong. And Happy Wedding!

Photo Booth Hire, Sydney
    http://eleganthire.com.au/

trash can

Wow, that helps a lot!Thanks

read this ,i have known that we should listen to ourselves, but we also take advice from others.what is more we also should buy one wedding dress we like but not others who recommend to us!

Yes. thanks for information but sometimes others review are also help.:)

I love people share their review on blog. like this one.

Very good article. Very well explained it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers