x

Best wedding day lipstick?? (mac?)

Home Forums Beauty – hair & makeup Best wedding day lipstick?? (mac?)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  march8 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

keedm002

Hi there! I am looking to purchase a wedding day lipstick and as I don’t wear lipstick often (or go for whatever is on sale) I am a bit lost!!

I am thinking perhaps mac as it always seems to get good reviews but I am really open.
    I get quite dry lips so want something which moisturises whilst lasts well and wont smudge when I kiss people or come off as soon as I eat etc – generally just what every bride wants but one that definitely does’t dry out your lips. I don’t want a gloss or anythign which is sticky.

Colour I am happy to pick and probably won’t be an issue; I have pale skin and very big lips and am looking at something somewhat lowkey but still pretty, perhaps a rose or warm pink type colour. More just looking for advice on what brand and specific lipstick to choose or to narrow down my search!

Many thanks!

Belle_82

Hi keedm002, I share your dilemma 😉 My FH always grimaces when I kiss him with lip balm on – certainly not the wedding photo I want. Someone recommeded to me ‘Revlon Colour Stain Ultimate’. The colour stain is really only just a stain and wont provide much moisture to your lips (thats what I found anyway), but they also have a ‘balm stain’ which has a little bit more moisturiser to it but may not last as long. I have tried on the FH and no grimacing or transfer of colour to his lips – YAY!!
    The one I have is Just Bitten Kissable – Honey / Douce, it is a little bit of a darker pink but very nice!
    All of my make up is MAC but I havent tried their lipstick. Good luck!

I used a Chanel Lip Stain – which was awesome. Same here, my lips were dry and icky, but the stain worked well and stayed put pretty well considering all the kisses and drinking that was going on 😉
    Oh and there was none on the teeth x

march8

Hi!I used to work for mac and there is a really good lip primer they sell called Prep and Prime Lip. (imaginative name haha). You apply it all over your lips and slightly outside your lipline. It helps to stop feathering and bleeding.I’ll be using it on my wedding day with just a lip liner all over my lips so it doesnt transfer either.I use this combo all the time and it doesnt budge :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers