x

Alfred Sung bridesmaid dress sizing

Home Forums Dresses & fashion Alfred Sung bridesmaid dress sizing

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  modernbride 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bely

Hi, just wondering if anyone has bought Alfred Sung bridesmaids dresses and can help me?  I’m looking at their size chart online and wondering how accurate it is, as I know the J.Crew sizing chart is way too generous.  Does anyone know comparative sizing in an Aus brand?  Because sizes vary greatly from brand to brand I’m hoping someone can help?
    Thank you!!

Hi Bely! My bridemaids just ordered Alfred Sung dresses. I was really worried about sizing so I got them to try it on at their closest bridal store that stocks Dessy group dresses. They tried on quiet a few different Alfred Sung styles including the one they got, and from that were able to get an idea what size they would need and they then ordered them online from the US as it’s considerably cheaper than buying them here ($295 vs $140). Their sizes, like all bridesmaid dresses, run a little bit large, so one of my bridemaids who is ordinarily a Aus 8 ordered a US 6 (equivalent to Aus 10). I’d recommend going in to try them on if you can as their sizing chart wasn’t that helpful (i.e. it put my size 8 bridesmaid down as having a size 14 hips). If you’re interested I ordered them from this US website:  http://www.bridesmaids.com/. I did A LOT of research before settling on this website. I emailed them a few times about sizing and colour and they got back to me very quickly – it was especially useful to know whether dresses can be taken in and out (some are too complicated to even be taken in). I ended up ordering a bigger size for my BMs as you can always take it in, better than getting something that doesn’t fit a month before the wedding!
    Their delivery time is the same as the bridal stores quote here so much of a sameness.This website looked okay, they have a physical store in Manhattan which has gotten decent reviews in New York Time Out etc. They are due here in August so I’ll let you know if everything goes okay. Hope that helps!

Also bridal stores won’t generally give you your sizing info until you place an order with them, so you need to try on diff styles in the brand you want in order to get an idea of what sizing fits best. They usually just have one sample size in each style and the sizes of these differ.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Browse Local Suppliers